Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 4: Too Tired To Move

The day started early. 4:30am. Normally, I'd've let GrandBoy tough it out and go back to sleep until a more civilized hour, but in the back of my brain, I knew he hadn't eaten as much solid food as he should have the day before. I cut him some slack and gave him a bottle at that ungodly hour. Fortunately for both of us he settled back down to a real dozy sleep and didn't ring my chimes until a little after 8.

So. The entire schedule was a little off, but we managed to work in all the naps and required bottles. Plus, I found the secret to getting him to finish off his solid foods. I just plop him in his Bumbo on the table on the back deck and feed him outside. The only distractions are the breeze through the trees and a few crickets. He seems to like it that way. He finished everything I poked his way sitting out on the back deck.

GrandBoy's a little frustrated with the crawling situation. He's pretty good going in reverse, but he just hasn't figured out how to put it in "drive." He can scootch along, not really crawl, forward; he knows something's not working and after a bunch of tries, he reverts to the scootch. Or crawls backward. Still, it's just a matter of time. Maybe tomorrow?

Well, tomorrow's another busy day, and this old GrandMary needs to hit the hay, sending up prayers that the babe has a full enough tummy to take him to at least 7am.

Remind me to book a massage. G'night.

No comments: