Saturday, February 20, 2010

Reporting for (labor) duty

Daughter is officially in labor. She hasn't slept much over the past few days, so the doc wants her to nap as  much as possible (gave her some pills to help), then get up and move around when she's not catching up on sleep. Father-to-Be hasn't had much rest, either. Heck, after I got the phone call at 1:30 this morning asking if I could catch an earlier flight from NYC to ATL, I've only grabbed about 8 winks myself.

GrandBoy dutifully waited for me to hit town (yes, I caught an earlier flight), and for that, we all thank him. Now, we can get down to the business of pulling him into the world. Well, OK, I don't have any control over that, but I do have a list of duties to perform while the soon-to-be parents do the heavy lifting.
  1. Back rubs for Kate during contractions
  2. Special errands for Greg (oooh, mysterious!)
  3. Keeping up with dishwashing/clothes washing
  4. Doggie duties - feeding, etc., for four dogs
  5. Being available when needed
  6. Staying out of the way the rest of the time
Duty list may expand once GrandBoy hits the air. Until then, taking care of his parents is the best that I can offer.

No comments: